The third and last day of the 2022 Dubai Fitness Championship (DFC) began on Sunday afternoon contained in the Coca-Cola Arena with a full slate of occasions. Four occasions have been in faucet, giving the athletes loads of factors to chase after a podium spot.
Interval workouts have been a staple of five-time “Fittest Man on Earth” Mathew Fraser’s coaching, and he has included that into his HWPO programming. So when he collaborated with the DFC organizers for an occasion, it was solely pure to incorporate such a exercise within the competitors.
Event Five Results — “Fast Like an Oryx”
This triplet pushed the center price all through the three and half minute exercise, with a built-in one-minute relaxation. Controlling that coronary heart price all through 4 rounds is essential. The shuttle runs construct it up whereas the burpee box jumps spike it. The dumbbell thrusters check how lengthy you’ll be able to go whereas redlined.
- Fabian Beneito Selles — 63 reps
- Jonne Koski — 62 reps (T-second)
- Aniol Ekai — 62 reps (T-second)
- Luka Vunjak — 60 reps
- Alex Kotoulas — 56 reps
- Luka Đukić — 52 reps
- Javier Gonzalez — 50 reps (T-seventh)
- Lazar Đukić — 50 reps (T-seventh)
- Victor Hoffer — 50 reps (T-seventh)
- Brent Fikowski — 49 reps (T-Tenth)
- Reggie Fasa — 49 reps (T-Tenth)
- Briant Guillaume — 48 reps
- Moritz Fiebig — 46 reps
- Vladimir Sechin — 45 reps
- Damián Martínez Satorres — 44 reps
- Michal Wesolowski — 42 reps
- Nikita Yundov — 40 reps
- Giorgos Karavis — 33 reps
- Khan Porter — 13 reps
- Simon Mäntylä — Withdrew
- Claudia Gluck — 52 reps
- Lena Richter — 51 reps
- Jamie Simmonds — 49 reps (T-third)
- Oihana Moya Oliver — 49 reps (T-third)
- Emily Rolfe — 47 reps
- Aoife Burke — 46 reps
- Valentina Magalotti — 45 reps
- Matilde Øyen Garnes — 43 reps
- Karin Freyova — 41 reps (T-ninth)
- Seher Kaya — 41 reps (T-ninth)
- Hanna Karlsson — 40 reps (T-Eleventh)
- Manon Angonese — 40 reps (T-Eleventh)
- Freya Moosbrugger — 38 reps
- Andrea Solberg — 36 reps (T-14th)
- Maria Längfors — 36 reps (T-14th)
- Ella Kanona Wunger — 34 reps
- Dana Paran — 33 reps (T-Seventeenth)
- Valentina Rangel — 33 reps (T-Seventeenth)
- Aimee Cringle — 32 reps
- Tayla Howe — 15 reps
[Related: 2022 Dubai Fitness Championship Event 3 Results — Karin Freyova Victorious, Luka Đukić Joins the Winner’s Circle]
[Related: 2022 Dubai Fitness Championship Event 4 Results — Lazar Đukić Bounces Back, Hanna Karlsson Triumphant]
Event Five Workout — “Fast Like an Oryx”
Four units — 2:30 on, 1:00 off. Buy-in every spherical:
- 10 Shuttle runs
- 10 Burpee field jumps
Men: 24-inch field | Women: 20-inch field
First 40 reps: Men: 70-pound dumbbells | Women: 50-pound dumbbells. Rep 41 by means of the top of exercise: Men: 50-pound dumbbells | Women: 35-pound dumbbells.
Men’s Event Highlights
Young Spaniard Aniol Ekai jumped out to the lead from the beginning and was the primary athlete to make it to the 50-pound dumbbells, and he appeared to have the occasion win in hand. However, the skilled athletes had one thing to say on the matter.
Fellow Spaniard Fabian Beneito Selles saved working until the ultimate buzzer. At the identical time, Ekai stopped to have a good time with 5 seconds remaining, not figuring out Selles had caught, and ultimately handed him by one rep. In truth, Games veteran Jonne Koski additionally caught up with Ekai and tied him with 62 reps.
Serbian Luka Vunjak gained the primary warmth with 60 reps, ok for fourth, adopted by Alex Kotoulas to spherical out the highest 5.
Claudia Gluck turned the primary lady to win an occasion from the primary warmth as she completed with 52 reps. With a goal on her again, she needed to watch the ultimate warmth attempt to beat her.
Kiwi Jamie Simmonds gave it a shot however got here up three reps quick and completed third, tied with Oihana Moya. CrossFit Oslo’s Lena Richter pushed Gluck through the opening warmth and completed with 51 reps to earn her runner-up honors. Emily Rolfe positioned fifth with 47 reps.
The competitors will be live-streamed on the Dubai Fitness Championship YouTube channel. Stay tuned to BarBend’s occasion protection and results page to maintain up-to-date on the happenings of the 2022 Dubai Fitness Championship.
Featured picture by way of Patrick Clark.