About the undertaking
The undertaking will begin on Monday 19 December and shall be accomplished in two phases. The Club Active health centre will reopen on Monday 23 January, however the pool will stay closed till mid-February 2023.
Stage one: Monday 19 December 2022 – late January 2023
- The entire facility shall be closed
- Programmed upkeep of pool and plant shall be accomplished
- The altering rooms shall be refurbished
- The entrance space and reception shall be made extra useful.
Stage two: Late January 2023 – mid-February 2023
- Club Active health centre will reopen
- The pool space will stay closed
- Both spa swimming pools shall be changed
- The sauna and steam rooms shall be upgraded
- A alternative raise will even be fitted, date to be confirmed.
The pool will reopen in mid-February. There could also be minor disruption to our regular operations, up till March 2023 whereas remaining work is accomplished.
Impact for swim members and informal swim prospects
While Freyberg is closed Thorndon Pool shall be open for the summer season season. Swim members can put their membership on maintain for this era if they want. Please contact us [email protected] to search out out extra.
Impact for Club Active members
If you’re a Club Active member there are nonetheless loads of issues you are able to do along with your membership whereas Freyberg is closed. Visit the Club Active website to search out out extra.
Every 5 to 6 years we shut our pool services to hold out routine upkeep work on the pool and plant. We are taking this chance to make enhancements to the ability.
Amy Carter, Community Pools Manager.
Email [email protected]