Day two of the Dubai Fitness Championship (DFC) began with a test of strength as athletes have been greeted with the “Hang Clean Ladder” on Saturday, Dec. 3, 2022. The athletes have been handled with a complete of three exercises on the Coca-Cola Arena within the coronary heart of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
[Related: 2022 Dubai Fitness Championship Event 1 Results — Alex Kotoulas and Jamie Simmonds Climb to Victory]
Event Two Results — “Hang Clean Ladder”
This was a easy exercise. All 40 athletes had one probability to raise the required weight within the ladder. If they failed of their try, the final accomplished weight would rely in the direction of their rating. In the occasion of a tie, athletes then must carry out 5 grasp squat cleans for a time at 220 kilos for the lads and 154 kilos for the ladies. Athletes in each divisions cleared the preliminary ladder weights after which made 10-pound jumps of their weight.
Numerous athletes set new private bests of their grasp clear, resulting in many thrilling moments for each the athletes and the followers in attendance.
- Fabian Beneito Selles — 172 kilograms + 14.06
- Reggie Fasa — 172 kilograms + 14.12
- Mortiz Fiebig — 170 kilograms + 14.93
- Luke Vunjak — 170 kilograms + 15.22
- Khan Porter — 167 kilograms
- Damián Martínez Satorres — 165 kilograms + 14.65
- Brent Fikowski — 165 kilograms + 14.72
- Javier Gonzalez — 165 kilograms + 15.09
- Alex Kotoulas — 162 kilograms + 15.18
- Jonne Koski — 162 kilograms + 16.10
- Aniol Ekai — 160 kilograms + 15.22
- Michal Wesolowski — 160 kilograms + 15.72
- Lazar Đukić — 160 kilograms + 16.20
- Briant Guillaume — 160 kilograms + 16.35
- Giorgos Karavis — 160 kilograms + 22.18
- Luke Đukić — 155 kilograms + 15.97
- Vladimir Sechin — 155 kilograms + 16.04
- Nikita Yundov — 155 kilograms + 17.00
- Victor Hoffer — 145 kilograms
- Simon Mäntyla — Withdrew
- Karin Frey — 122 kilograms
- Oihana Moya Oliver — 120 kilograms
- Dana Paran — 117 kilograms
- Hanna Karlsson — 115 kilograms + 16.28
- Tayla Howe — 115 kilograms + 18.84
- Lena Richter — 112 kilograms + 15.22
- Manon Angonese — 112 kilograms + 15.44
- Valentina Rangel — 112 kilograms + 16.03
- Claudia Gluck — 110 kilograms
- Aoife Burke — 107 kilograms + 15.72
- Jamie Simmonds — 107 kilograms + 16.37
- Ella Kanona Wunger — 107 kilograms + 16.69
- Maria Längfors — 105 kilograms + 16.47
- Freya Moosbrugger — 105 kilograms + 16.94
- Aimee Cringle — 105 kilograms + 19.00
- Matilde Øyen Garnes — 102 kilograms
- Emily Rolfe — 100 kilograms
- Seher Kaya — 95 kilograms + 16.00
- Andrea Solberg — 95 kilograms + 16.25
- Valentina Magalotti — 90 kilograms
Event Two Workout — “Hang Clean Ladder”
Each athlete has a 20-second window to hang clean a given weight that will increase over 9 rounds; males start at 305 kilos, ladies at 200 kilos. The prime weights are 365 kilos for males and 250 kilos for ladies. The winners are the athletes who raise the heaviest grasp clear efficiently. In the occasion of these eradicated in the identical spherical, the tiebreaker is 5 grasp squat cleans for time. The weights have been as follows (males/ladies):
- 305/200 kilos
- 315/210 kilos
- 325/220 kilos
- 335/225 kilos
- 345/230 kilos
- 350/235 kilos
- 355/240 kilos
- 360/245 kilos
- 365/250 kilos
Event Two Highlights
Five of the lads cleared the preliminary ladder, with 4 cleansing 375 kilos or extra. Those 4 males would find yourself within the tiebreaker. Fabian Beneito Selles and Reggie Fasa every missed their makes an attempt at 385 kilos, with Beneito Selles beating the Brit by six seconds within the tiebreaker to win the occasion.
Moritz Fiebig edged out Serbian newcomer Luka Vunjak of their tiebreaker for third place. Aussie Khan Porter set a brand new profession finest with a raise of 368 kilos however quickly bowed out of the occasion with out trying 375, putting fifth.
Event Two Highlights
The ladies’s division didn’t want a tiebreaker to determine who the occasion winner could be. Karin Freyova simply cleared the ladder and had no problem together with her 269 LB raise. Runner-up Oihana Moya missed at that weight main Freyova to have a good time.
Dana Paran, the one American within the subject, positioned third with a raise of 258 kilos, adopted by Hanna Karlsson and Tayla Howe, who wanted a tiebreaker to determine the fourth and fifth spots.
Up Next on the 2022 Dubai Fitness Championship
Saturday, Dec. 3 options two extra occasions, together with a chipper-style exercise that options toes-to-bars and snatches, adopted by the simply introduced “elimination-style” exercise that can finish the evening’s competitors.
The competitors will be live-streamed on the Dubai Fitness Championship YouTube channel, with the Barbend’s personal Brian Friend becoming a member of Derek Forrest within the broadcast sales space to name the motion. Stay tuned to BarBend’s occasion protection and results page to maintain up-to-date on the happenings of the 2022 Dubai Fitness Championship.
Featured picture by way of Patrick Clark.