The Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program, which is run by the South Carolina Department of Social Services, is a seasonal grant program by the U.S. Department of Agriculture with a aim of supplementing the diets of low-income seniors with unprocessed vegatables and fruits from approved farmers’ markets, roadside stands and community-supported agriculture packages.
Seniors should apply for the advantages on a yearly foundation.
Eligible contributors will obtain $25 within the type of 5 checks ($5 every) to spend at collaborating approved areas. Qualified seniors want to go to a delegated location of their county of residence and full an utility and current photograph identification to take part. If accepted, the certified senior will obtain their checks the identical day. Applications will probably be accepted and checks will probably be distributed on a first-come, first-served foundation within the senior’s county of residence.
To qualify, South Carolina residents should be age 60 or older with a yearly earnings of $23,828 or much less ($32,227 for two folks), report their family dimension (collectively or individually) and have a authorized type of identification.
Applicants could designate a licensed consultant to use on his or her behalf if the senior is unable to use in particular person. An approved consultant could apply and choose up SFMNP checks on behalf of a most of two people along with themselves. The approved consultant should current their very own photograph identification, a duplicate of the applicant’s identification (bodily copy or picture) and written/signed permission.
Potential recipients should submit an utility and meet the residency and earnings necessities to be eligible. Please don’t arrive on the SFMNP web site on the date of distribution with out having proof of identification.
The 2022 SFMNP distribution websites and instances in Lee County are:
– Lee County Council On Aging, 51 Wilkinson Road, Bishopville, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 8-10; and
– Spring Hill Center, 137 Shiver Pond Road, Rembert, 9 a.m. to midday, June 8-10
The distribution web site in Sumter County is:
– South HOPE Center, 1125 S. Lafayette Drive, June 24, 10 a.m-2 p.m. (Please put on a face masks whereas in constructing)
South Carolina Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program’s 2022 approved websites in Lee County, the place checks and/or vouchers can be utilized, are:
– D&L Berry, 299 Johnson Pond Road, Bishopville – Mondays-Wednesdays, 2-5 p.m.;
– Lee County Farmer and Garden, 220 E. Church St., Bishopville – Thursdays, 4:30-6:30 p.m., and Saturdays, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Authorized websites in Sumter County the place checks and/or vouchers can be utilized are:
– American Legion Farmers Market, 2 S. Artillery Drive, Sumter – Fridays, noon-6 p.m.
– Garden Fresh, 6685 Camden Highway, Rembert – Fridays, 8 a.m.-noon
– South Sumter Farmers Market, 312 Manning Ave., Sumter; Fridays, 2-6 p.m.
– Sumter Farmers Market at USC Sumter, 200 Miller Road, Sumter – Fridays, noon-6 p.m.
– Sumter Farmers Market Downtown, nook of Main and Liberty streets – Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
– Tandem Health Farmers Market, 1278 N. Lafayette Drive, Sumter – Thursdays, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
– The Farm Store, 584 Bultman Drive, Unit 2, Sumter – Mondays-Fridays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., and Saturdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.