POMPANO BEACH, Fla., May 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — In a brand new, nationally consultant survey executed by Google (supervised by Glenn Livingston, Ph.D., writer “Never Binge Again”, a nationwide bestseller) 1,500 adults have been requested about their COVID-19 consuming habits. 39.7%—representing 100 million Americans—mentioned they’d been overeating extra for the reason that pandemic started, averaging 1,500 further energy per episode and a couple of.8 episodes per week,” mentioned Dr. Livingston.
“That’s sufficient to placed on 5 kilos per 30 days,” he says.
But Dr. Livingston says weight-reduction plan is NOT the answer. “Many are planning to repair the issue by weight-reduction plan their weight off when that is throughout. Unfortunately, utilizing meals to assuage trauma throughout the pandemic creates a robust hyperlink between feelings and overeating which will final lengthy after COVID ends. Dieting after this expertise can stress the person and set off the hyperlink, thereby creating much more overeating episodes.”
“To appropriate for COVID-19 overeating, do not eating regimen immediately, as an alternative focus first on modifying the overeating habits. Working with over 1,000 binge-eating shoppers has taught me even when you’re bingeing on daily basis, you possibly can shortly retrain your self to expertise these unfavorable feelings with out the urge to overeat.” To do that, he urged individuals to implement the next essential methods:
- Create Clear Boundaries Around Trigger Foods
- Keep Your Kitchen Overstocked with Healthy Food
- Make Regular, Daily Socialization Appointments and Turn Your Zoom Camera On: “In my follow, individuals who do not Zoom with their video on are having far more bother with meals,” mentioned Dr. Livingston. “That’s as a result of it is simpler to fantasize that you’re going to cope with the additional weight later if no person ever sees you.”
- Recognize It’s Critical to Stop COVID-Induced Overeating Before It Progresses
- Eat and Snack by Design: To sever the hyperlink between feelings and overeating, shift from an “eat on a whim” to an “eat and snack by design” construction.
- Wait till you have severed the connection between emotional turmoil and overeating earlier than specializing in weight reduction, which ought to develop into lots simpler and extra pure at the moment.
For extra particulars on the way to cease overeating a free information from Dr. Glenn Livingston will be discovered here.
For extra survey insights, particulars, shopper quotes, charts, and graphs please go to the survey support page
About Dr. Livingston
Glenn Livingston, Ph.D., is a veteran psychologist and was the longtime CEO of a multimillion-dollar consulting agency that served a number of Fortune 500 shoppers within the meals business. His work, analysis, and theories have been coated in such main periodicals because the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Sun-Times, Indiana Star-Ledger, New York Daily News, and American Demographics. He has been featured on ABC, CBS, WGN radio, and UPN-TV.
SOURCE Glenn Livingston PhD