SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash. — Local seniors residing under the federal property stage can now apply for vouchers to make use of at farmers markets throughout Spokane County.
Catholic Charities of Eastern Washington, in partnership with Aging and Long-Term Care of Eastern Washington, will distribute greater than $70,000 in vouchers by means of the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program. The $40 vouchers can then be used to buy recent vegatables and fruits.
All affidavits have to be obtained or postmarked by June 1, 2021 to fulfill the eligibility pointers to be included within the drawing.
Additionally, to be eligible for this system, candidates should meet the next:
- You have to be 60 years or older (or 55+ if you’re Native American/Alaska Native)
- Your revenue can not exceed $23,828 yearly or $1,986 month-to-month for one individual
- Your revenue can not exceed $32,227 yearly or $2,686 month-to-month for 2 folks
- For bigger households, add $700 per 30 days for every further individual
- You have to be a resident of Spokane County
More details about the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program may be discovered here.
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY KXLY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.